Life Science Company Collaborations
In addition to being a technology incubator, creating our own spin-off companies based on promising academic research from across the country, CDRD is also a company accelerator, supporting Canadian life sciences companies. CDRD offers access to world-class, cross-disciplinary scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure housed within our own facilities as well as through our extended network of national and international partners.
Commercial expertise and support includes:
- Business case analysis/development
- Market assessments/forecasts
- Investment and partnering strategy, leverage & support
- Intellectual property positioning, protection & management
Scientific infrastructure is comprised of 40, 000 square feet of state-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and expertise in both small-molecule and biologics development.
All CDRD projects are undertaken on a shared risk/reward model, with fundamental criteria being:
- A highly-engaged company collaborator
- Excellent, innovative science – novel approaches that address unmet medical needs
- A clear technology development and commercial path – critical scientific experiments & commercialization steps (e.g. the building of a solid IP position) can be defined.
CDRD is strategically focused on the following therapeutic areas, but will opportunistically support projects in any area given they meet the criteria above:
- Oncology (including immunotherapy/immunology)
- Regenerative Medicine/Fibrosis
- Other Indications
For examples of some of CDRD's company collaborations, see some of our recent news items:
- Partnership between CDRD and viDA Therapeutics leading to new commercialized therapies
- Aequus Pharmaceuticals & CDRD announce research collaboration to improve cannabinoid-based therapeutics
For additional information on CDRD’s life sciences company collaborations, please contact:
Dr. Jason Crawford
Dr. Rachael Ritchie
Vice President, Strategy & Partnerships