Life Science Company Collaborations
In addition to being a technology incubator, creating our own spin-off companies based on promising academic research from across the country, CDRD is also a company accelerator, supporting Canadian life sciences companies. CDRD offers access to world-class, cross-disciplinary scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure housed within our own facilities as well as through our extended network of national and international partners.
Commercial expertise and support includes:
- Business case analysis/development
- Market assessments/forecasts
- Investment and partnering strategy, leverage & support
- Intellectual property positioning, protection & management
Scientific infrastructure is comprised of 40, 000 square feet of state-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and expertise in both small-molecule and biologics development, with specific capabilities in Target Validation, Screening, Medicinal Chemistry, and Drug Delivery.
For additional details on CDRD's drug development platform, see Facilities and Expertise.
All CDRD projects are undertaken on a shared risk/reward model, with fundamental criteria being:
- A highly-engaged company collaborator
- Excellent, innovative science – novel approaches that address unmet medical needs
- A clear technology development and commercial path – critical scientific experiments & commercialization steps (e.g. the building of a solid IP position) can be defined.
CDRD is strategically focused on the following therapeutic areas, but will opportunistically support projects in any area given they meet the criteria above:
- Oncology (including immunotherapy/immunology)
- Regenerative Medicine/Fibrosis
- Other Indications
For examples of some of CDRD's company collaborations, see some of our recent news items:
- Partnership between CDRD and viDA Therapeutics leading to new commercialized therapies
- Aequus Pharmaceuticals & CDRD announce research collaboration to improve cannabinoid-based therapeutics
- Novelogics Biotechnology Inc. & CDRD partner to advance novel cancer treatment
For additional information on CDRD’s life sciences company collaborations, please contact:
Dr. Jason Crawford
Vice President, Scientific Operations
Dr. Sarah Williams
Scientist, Project Search and Evaluation