CDRD collaborates with Investigators to identify projects with the greatest therapeutic and commercial potential. We then utilize our state-of-the-art drug development platform and specialized expertise, and collaboratively advance technologies to a stage where they can attract licensing partners, support the creation of a spin-off company, or secure additional capital for clinical development. Principal investigators retain control of their project throughout, and all original intellectual property remains with them and their institution.
Commercial expertise and support includes:
- Business case analysis/development
- Market assessments/forecasts
- Investment and partnering strategy, leverage & support
- Intellectual property positioning, protection & management
Scientific infrastructure is comprised of 40, 000 square feet of state-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and expertise in both small-molecule and biologics development, with specific capabilities in Target Validation, Screening, Medicinal Chemistry, and Drug Delivery.
For additional details on CDRD's drug development platform, see Facilities and Expertise.
All CDRD projects are undertaken on a shared risk/reward model, with fundamental criteria being:
- A highly-engaged academic collaborator
- Excellent, innovative science – novel approaches that address unmet medical needs
- A clear technology development and commercial path – critical scientific experiments & commercialization steps (e.g. the building of a solid IP position) can be defined.
CDRD is strategically focused on the following therapeutic areas, but will opportunistically support projects in any area given they meet the criteria above:
- Oncology (including immunotherapy/immunology)
- Regenerative Medicine/Fibrosis
- Other Indications
For additional information on CDRD’s academic collaborations, please contact:
Dr. Jason Crawford
Vice President, Scientific Operations
Dr. Sarah Williams
Scientist, Project Search and Evaluation