Working with CDRD
CDRD’s vision is a sustainable Canadian health sciences sector improving lives globally. To realize this vision, we support both academic investigators and Canadian life sciences companies in translating their early-stage discoveries and technologies into commercially-viable new health products. Health sciences researchers, entrepreneurs, and companies alike have the opportunity to collaborate with CDRD and thereby access its full suite of expertise, infrastructure, and broad partnerships and networks.
Working with CDRD is about collaboration. CDRD is the sole organization of its kind in Canada, the only fully-integrated centre with the expertise and infrastructure to source, evaluate, develop and commercialize new healthcare products. Working with these innovators in an iterative, flexible and collaborative shared-cost/reward manner, we offer access to world-class, cross-disciplinary scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure housed within CDRD and through our extended national and international networks.
Specific areas of support include:
- Target validation
- High-throughput screening
- Medicinal chemistry
- Antibody/biologics development
- Formulation/drug delivery
- Business case analysis/development
- Market assessments/forecasts
- Investment and partnering strategy, leverage & support
- Intellectual property positioning, protection & management
Fundamental CDRD project criteria are:
- A highly-engaged collaborator (academic investigator or life sciences company); Principal Investigator(s) remains an active collaborator and fully in control of the project throughout its development)
- Excellent, innovative science – novel approaches that address unmet medical needs
- A clear technology development and commercial path – critical scientific experiments & commercialization steps (e.g. the building of a solid IP position) can be defined.
- Fit with CDRD’s capabilities and capacity, Critical question(s) / experiment(s) can be identified
- Fit within the strategic vision of CDRD
CDRD is strategically focused on the following therapeutic areas, but will opportunistically support projects in any area given they meet the criteria above:
- Regenerative Medicine/Fibrosis
- Other Indications