Études de cas de commercialisation
Commercialization Case Study….
Antibody-Drug Conjugate NewCo – Kairos Therapeutics
- Antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) represent significant therapeutic and market opportunity
- Combine the best features of antibody and drug
- Proprietary ADC platform developed in-house at CDRD led by John Babcook, VP, Biologics (formerly of Amgen)
- Novel toxins, linkers and site-specific conjugation
- Five patents filed
- CDRD raised $1.4M in non-dilutive funding to support technology development
- NewCo, Kairos Therapeutics spun-out in 2013 but CDRD maintains rights to utilize ADC platform in its academic collaborations)
- March 2016, Kairos completes a merger with BC-based Zymeworks Inc., creating one of Canada’s leading biotherapeutics companies.
In 2015, CDRD expanded its support by partnering with SMEs to develop early-stage technologies and improve their ability to raise risk capital. Ongoing development projects are underway with 10 companies: Zymeworks Therapeutics, Eupraxia Pharma, ImStar Therapeutics, viDA Therapeutics, Aspect Biosystems, Sitka Biopharma, Zucara Therapeutics, Trepso, Microdermics and ME Therapeutics.
For example, CDRD and viDA Therapeutics have been working together to develop viDA’s lead drug candidate, VTI-1002, advance it to a commercial stage, and in doing so, positioning the company to successfully raise approximately $1M in further private sector investment. CDRD is now working with viDA on target validation studies for Granzyme B (GZMB) in other autoimmune diseases. By working with CDRD, viDA has been able to accelerate the development of their technology and generate additional funding from industry. This has allowed them to hire more staff and investigate other uses…significantly building viDA’s core value and strategic positioning.